چکیده:
Due to the dryness of the climate in a large part of Iran and the lack of sufficient rainfall for more than six months of the year in most areas, and consequently the seasonal nature of rivers and the inability to access water, various measures have been taken to provide fresh water in the dry seasons of the year; including the construction of dams, qanats, and reservoirs. In this regard, the reservoir, as its name suggests, was used to store water in the wet seasons and use it during the rest of the year. In the past, reservoirs were built like other urban structures in gathering centers, such as bazaars, neighborhood centers, and roadside caravanserais (Qabadian, 1382, p. 298). In fact, the role of reservoirs in the texture of desert cities and water-scarce regions of Iran was so remarkable that in many neighborhoods they were considered the largest and most striking architectural unit (Varjavand, 1366, p. 155). The public Seyed Esmail reservoir was built as a complex in the heart of Chalmidan neighborhood. The Seyed Esmail complex, with religious, social, cultural, and economic functions, is one of the complexes whose foundation was laid from the 7th and 8th centuries AH and was later completed in the Qajar period.
خلاصه ماشینی:
Therefore, the location of the water reservoir in the urban fabric of Tehran from the Pahlavi II era to the present can be determined as follows: The aforementioned water reservoir is located on the western side of Mostafa Khomeini Street (between Bozorg Jamhuri and Molavi streets); the Seyed Ismail Imamzadeh (shrine) is to the west, the Faysal-e Doleh Mosque-School and the Seyed Ismail Bazaar are to the southwest, and the Seyed Ismail Square is located to the south of this structure (Map 2).
Based on the endowment deed of the Seyed Ismail water reservoir4 in 1621 AH, Haji Eisa Khan Beglarbegi allowed Mirza Musa Vizier to build this water reservoir on his personal land – which included a land area of one thousand six hundred square meters.
Aqa Jani installed a rectangular plaque on one of the columns of the water reservoir in the same year, on which the following was written: 1-This place is an old water reservoir that many years ago 2-was built by order of Haji Eisa Beglarbegi Qajar 3-and in 8431 (solar year) 4-by order of the Prime Minister, permission was granted 5-to Mohammad Hassan Aqa Golabgir to, under the supervision of the Tehran Endowment Administration 6-empty the water and sediment and carry out major repairs 7-so that people can visit this place and gain spiritual benefit.
651) The aforementioned water reservoir was also created in relation to the Seyed Ismail complex, and its flat roof was used to construct endowments for this structure and the Imamzadeh.