ANNALS OF APPLIED SPORT SCIENCE–Special Issue
First National Congress of
"New Scientific Consequence for Iran’s Sport Development" Lahijan Branch, Islamic Azad University, 2014, 10-11 December
w w w . aas s j our nal. c om
ISSN (Online): 2322 – 4479
The Effect of 8 Weeks Combined Exercise
(Aerobic - Resistance) on Serum IL-18 Levels in Obese Men
1Iman Zakavi*, 2Eskandar Hossainpoor, 3Banafshe Bizahni, 4Reza
Baharlooie, 5Mozhgan Banihashemi Emamgaysii, 6Habib Valizadeh
1. MSc, physical education and sports sciences, Payam Noor University, Iran.
2. PhD student, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, University of Tehran, Tehran. Iran.
3. MSc, Jundishapur University of Medical Sciences, Khuzestan, Iran.
4. MSc, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, University of Khorasgan, Isfahan. Iran.
5. MSc, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, University of Khorasgan, Isfahan. Iran.
6. MSc, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Sciences, Central Tehran Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran. Iran.
IL-18 is a proinflammatory cytokine with important regulatory functions in the innate immune system and increases the production of adhesion molecules, the detection of nitric oxide synthesis. It also plays a crucial role in vascular pathology and is an index to predict cardiovascular mortality (1). As Physical activities lead to obese decrease ;doing regular exercises causes decreasing of the released inflammatory signs from fat tissue and decreases the danger of getting acute disease (2). Most studies of IL-18 have pointed decreasing effect of aerobic exercise and less pointed to the lack of its impact (3). The number of researches which have studied the effect of resistance training on obese men specially about IL-18 are few. For example Stansvold and coworkers studied the changes of IL-18 following resistant training in
E-mail: Iman Zakavi@yahoo.com